Only WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENTS complete the nutritional gap
Whole food supplements are made by concentrating foods for use in supplements. When processed correctly, they supply a multitude of the plant’s components. Foods provide nutrients that work synergistically. They work together to provide you with optimal nutrition for good health.
Selecting a Quality Supplement
There are many different kinds of supplements on the market, and it can be very confusing to determine the true value of a supplement. Understanding the label will help you know if you are taking a quality supplement.
To be effective, don’t I need to get at least 100% of the daily value?
We often think that more is better when choosing supplements, quality is far more important than quantity. A small amount of a vitamin in whole food form is far more effective in the human body than a large dose of an isolated vitamin, that is just a fraction of the whole.
How Wheat is Processed
- Wheat kernel comprised of starch and nutrient-rich bran and germ
- Bran and germ are removed, resulting in primarily empty starch (flour).
- Processed flour is bleached to improve the appearance and texture of consumer goods.
- Bleached flour is enriched by adding in a few isolated B vitamins and iron in an attempt to replace what has been removed.
- Nutrient-deficient consumer goods that have the ability to sit on a store shelf for an extended period of time are the final result.
The philosopher, teacher, and founder of biodynamic agriculture Rudolf Steiner once said, “For every human illness, somewhere in the world there exists a plant which is the cure. I believe that there is a healing potential locked inside plants which is integral with their evolution, just as it is part of human evolution to learn to tap this wonderful gift of Nature.”
We at Carlsbad Holistic Therapies believe in the healing power of plants and thus endeavor to provide superior quality, efficacious herbal solutions to help you get back to optimum health and enhance your well-being. Whether you’re managing short-term issues or need long-term support, our wide range of quality natural therapies can deliver dramatic, positive effects.